Thursday 2 March 2017

Christian Pulisic, Ousmane Dembele turned down Liverpool approach


Ousmane Dembele and Christian Pulisic were both the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Borussia Dortmund's Christian Pulisic and Ousmane Dembele have told FourFourTwo magazine that they both turned down approaches from Liverpool.

Pulisic, a long-standing target for Liverpool, said he was the subject of a €13 million bid in the summer, while Dembele says he met with manager Jurgen Klopp before agreeing his transfer to Dortmund from Rennes.

Klopp is an admirer of Pulisic, 18, who joined Dortmund's academy when the German was in charge, but the U.S. international recently extended his contract until 2020.


"I have respect for Klopp and I know him -- he was very welcoming to me here -- but I was never really thinking about going to Liverpool," Pulisic said.

"Dortmund have given me everything. If I work very hard here I will play and I love this club."

Meanwhile, Dembele, added that Klopp tried to take him to Anfield during a meeting in Paris, with Premier League champions Leicester City also interested.

However, Dortmund eventually won the race to sign 19-year-old.

"I saw Klopp in Paris but I told him I'd made up my mind to sign for BVB," the France international said.



"I made the decision a long time ago, so going to Leicester was out of the question."

No comments:

Post a Comment