Thursday 2 February 2017

Mourinho urges journalists to 'tell the truth' over his treatment by refs


Jose Mourinho urged journalists to "tell the truth" in an emotional news conference, saying the "rules for me are different" regarding his treatment from officials -- in a clear reference to Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

The United manager's outburst came when he was asked if Hull's Oumar Niasse should have been sent off by referee Mike Jones in his side's 0-0 draw at Old Trafford on Wednesday. The former Everton striker had appeared to stamp on United midfielder Michael Carrick and later foul defender Daley Blind.

The Portuguese told journalists to write about it themselves -- then spoke about the perceived differential treatment that he is given from the fourth official.

Klopp drew attention for his conduct against Chelsea on Tuesday night -- and Mourinho, without mentioning the German directly, said that he was threatened with being sent to the stands rather than being praised for showing passion, unlike "one manager" the previous night.

The United manager said: "I don't understand why you ask me since the beginning of the season. If I was in your position, I wouldn't ask the manager. I would just say and write what I see, what I think.

"Game after game, I would just write what is happening every game with us. If not every game, almost every game. If I speak, I am punished. I don't want to be punished.

"Maybe your industry is going in another direction but, for me, journalism is to tell the truth. If you see what happened against Manchester City, Burnley, West Ham Stoke -- almost everywhere -- you do your job and you do a public service.

"Tell the truth. Don't ask me questions I cannot answer. You know I am different. The rules for me are different. I watch my team play in a hotel, forbidden to go in a stadium, my assistant had a stadium ban.


"Yesterday, one manager was told by the fourth official, 'I love your emotion and, because I love your emotion, no problem.' Today I was told to sit down or I have to sit in the stands."

source:http://www.espnfc.com.ng/manchester-united/story/3051900/man-united-mourinho-urges-journalists-to-tell-the-truth-over-his-treatment-by-refs

No comments:

Post a Comment