Thursday 18 May 2017

Actress Moji Olaiya passes on just hours after ‘thanking Allah for gift of life’

see photo of moji olaiya during her 40th birthday

Moji Olaiya, popular Nollywood actress, passed on in the early hours of Thursday, about 48 hours after thanking Allah for the gift of life.

Colleagues and friends of the actress have confirmed Olaiya’s death.
Actress Opeyemi Aiyeola expressed shock and disbelief over her friend’s demise.
“Pls somebody wake me up and tell me it’s a joke! Pls tell me it’s April fools day! Pls tell me she’s still with us! Pls tell me HER LIGHT IS NOT OUT YET,” she wrote.
“This is too much of a shock,” filmmaker, Ronke Odusanya, wrote in an Instagram post.
The host of television show Gbajumo, Doyin Kukoyi, also took to Instagram to say a prayer for Olaiya.
According to unconfirmed reports, she died after suffering a heart attack in Canada.
In a post on her Instagram page on Tuesday, the actress, who converted to Islam in 2014, expressed gratitude for the gift of life.
“Alliamdulilahi to you Allah I give all the glory for all you have done. I will forever praise and worship you. It’s not by power but the Grace of Allah. Thank you for the gift of life. Thanks also to all my friends and family my fans for your supports and prayers. Love you all.”
She was reported to have suffered some complications during childbirth.
The actress, who hailed from Ekiti, got her first major acting role when she featured in Super Story, a TV drama series produced by Wale Adenuga.
Olaiya gave birth to her first child, a girl, in March.
She got married her first husband, Bayo Okesola, in 2007 although they had been separated for some time.
The actress is the daughter of veteran highlife musician, Victor Olaiya.

No comments:

Post a Comment