Friday 16 December 2016

Lionel Messi rescued my career at Barcelona - Neymar


Neymar has credited Lionel Messi for jump-starting his Barcelona career in 2013.
The Brazil international moved from Santos to Barca in the summer of 2013, but soon found himself struggling in the Catalan capital.
However, a few helpful words from the five-time Ballon d'Or winner started Neymar on a path to become the Blaugrana star that he is today.
I have a nice story about Messi," Neymar told CNN on Thursday.
"Soon after I arrived, it was not a great moment in my career and he was the one who helped me. He saw that I was sad, with my head down, that things were not going right for me.
"He told me to keep going, to be happy and to play the way I know. He told me this and he helped me a lot at that moment in time.
"He is a person who I admire a lot."
The trio of Messi, Neymar and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez has become world football's best attacking line -- a partnership Neymar believes is helped by their friendship off the pitch.
"I think it is about the care, respect, friendship and happiness that we have for being together," he added.
"Training together every day, helping one another on the pitch, we are making history and I hope it can continue for many more years.
"We have a great friendship. The only difference is three footballers, three star footballers in their respective countries, are here together at Barcelona.
"It is difficult for this to happen ... three South Americans. It is something that we have changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment