Sunday 18 December 2016

A creative post by a facebook user


I get into an argument with a man....I slap him.
They tell me I have no respect.
Like I don't have a right to be angry.
So, my level of respect for people is judged by my degree of silence in the face of brutality.....
Because I am a woman,
My husband or "boyfriend" cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it...
To save my marriage or relationship as the case maybe.
Society making the barbaric and stupid excuse that ''it is in their nature to cheat''.
I cheat, and I am called a whore...
If we are married, i am sent packing with my tiny tinker box on my head and my little one still suckling on my left breast.
Three years later... The little one is tagged a bastard.
Now, my new name is "born-one".
Because I am a woman,
I am judged as a good girl only if I know to cook, clean and do laundry for my man.
And when I don't know how to, I am useless as the 'p' in "Psycho"
My personality does not count here.
Because I am a woman,
He is 28 and runs a company....."Ahh wonderful! Successful at a very young age".
I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, let her go and get a husband oh"
And i wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.
Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy,
I cannot be financially buoyant,
Especially not without a rich dude beside me.
Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where i am.
Because I am a woman.
This post will be considered controversial....
And everyone will try to correct me...
But don't forget,
That i am a woman and it does not make me less human...```
#copied

No comments:

Post a Comment